We received multiple inquiries concerning the bargaining unit negotiation agreements released on June 30, 2022 by BCPS and emailed to all BCPS employees.
Please see the Negotiation Summary created by BCPSOPE that clarifies the outcomes for BCPSOPE including compensation, salary scales, stipends and telework.
- The final agreement will result in all OPE employees receiving a 6% increase in their salary because of the new values in the scale for your existing grade.
- All OPE employees who have reached step 23 by June 30, 2022 will receive an additional 2% step (step 24 on new salary scales).
- The new salary scales are included in the document.
- The salary changes would be in effect as of January 1, 2023 and retroactive to July 1, 2022.
- The budget is tentative pending the Board’s final approval and the County Council authorization to use these funds.
Please email BCPSOPE@outlook.com if you have any questions. We can create a FAQ document based on your questions.